8.26.2009

Thinking of Fall...

It's that time again.

For me, actually, it's been 'that time' for the last month. Autumn will be upon us shortly, and with the startling metamorphosis of green to orange and red, comes the fall fashions!

Knits, tartans and leather. All of my favourite things rolled in to one delicious season. Beyond the rack of sweaters, and kilts however, is the one thing I love most of all.

BOOTS.

Yes! BOOTS! The best part of footwear!

Again this year I'm hunting for the biggest and best pair of boots around. I have my Sam Edelmen fringed thigh-highs from last year, along with my Town Shoe over-knee riding boots, (along with 10 other pairs ranging from ankle and onward...) but I'm still on a quest for the best high-leg grazers around.

In the September issue of FASHION magazine I found them. Jeffrey Campbell thigh-highs from Browns Shoes for $298!! Sold! They're decked out in multiple straps cascading to a row of bronze studs, and a 3" heel. Practical-- yet everything I ever wanted in a boot.

I kid you not, when I couldn't find them on the Browns website, I actually contacted Browns to find out when they'd be available. A quick 20 minutes later, Patrick of Customer Service tells me I only have but a short wait of 1-2 weeks until they'll be on the site. Apparently they're already in stores, but my local B2 Bay locations don't have them. :\

I was hoping to try them on before ordering, since my calves are my curse, but I guess I'll have to suffer through trying them on at home. Surprisingly I have no difficulty with the fit of thigh-high's on my actual thighs (gasp!), it's my damn calves that ruin everything. Most boots are made with a 13"-15" calf circumference, and I need 16"! It's not impossible for me to find boots, but my stupid legs do make it harder. As if 1" makes that much of a difference! Grr.

Ahhh I want these JC boots to fit so bad!

I guess I'll have to wait and see.

No comments: