2.12.2009

Dreams or something

I've had a really tough two years, in terms of deciding what I want for my future. I would say it's been 100% the hardest thing I've had to do. Some people just find their niche in life easily. They love kids, so they become a kindergarten teacher. They love animals so they become a Vet or work at a shelter. For a lot of people, (including myself) it's not that simple.

I love writing. So should I be a writer? I love cooking and creating in the kitchen, so naturally I should be a chef? I love the prospect (weirdly enough) of being around middle schoolers all day. I think I could handle that. So I should definitely be a teacher.

I feel like I have so many things I want to do, but only once life to try and accomplish all of it.

The one thing I love beyond all other things, is shoes. I love the way a pair of shoes can make or break an outfit. I love how a great pair of heels can make even the most self-conscious person feel extraordinary. Most of all, I love the exhilarating feeling I get when I marry a person to the perfect shoe for their needs.

I really have, truly, thought this over for almost two years. The fact that I want to open my own business is a scary prospect. There are start-up fees, and loans to deal with; not to mention stock and decorating and repairs to any building I rent out. Owning your store, or even your own company is an insane task. I would know. My family has owned a Salon for years now, and I've sadly seen the downfalls first-hand, of doing so.

So is it fear that keeps me from doing what I love? I would hate to say I never went for the big fish because I was shaking in my (Christian Louboutin for Rodarte dominatrix) shoes.

What is the worst that could happen? My store fails? It's just money. Money. AGH. It just seems to rule everything.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know exactly how you feel. I have no clue what I want/should do. I too, like to cook, but I don't know if I really want to be a chef. Apparently I'm good with children, so every one thinks I should be a teacher of sorts. I also LLOOVVEE Video Games(I know, right? Weird) so something in the video game business should be a good idea too, I have no clue. Why is it so hard to choose something to do for the rest of our lives?